I haven’t updated my everyday makeup staples in a long long while. These are the products I keep going back to, will cry if they ever stop making them and never seem to fail me.
| From Top Left |
(1) L’Oreal Double Extend Mascara | The only mascara (including YSL, Dior and Benefit) that does not smudge even through the beach, the rain, crying or even falling asleep in your make-up (not that I do that!). This stuff does not budge or flake ( I am a chronic eye rubber) and it is a dream to take off, no makeup remover necessary.
(2) Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow, Not Just Nudes | Super easy to travel with (its not liquid and you don’t need a brush) and the colors are perfect. They don’t get slick on my eyelids and the colors are light enough for work but also deep and dark enough for night
(3) Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 | I bought this in desperation over the summer when my I got too tan for my foundation/tinted moisturizer etc. While it does go on a little bit sticky and its tough to blend in, it dries down really fast and I barely feel it. It is so super light, has serious SPF, solid coverage and is long lasting. A keeper.
(4) Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler | While curiosity will get me to try a new eyelash curler, I always go back to this one. I’ve been using it for over 10 years, and its magic. It really allows your mascara to have serious IMPACT.
(5) RMS Beauty LIving Luminizer | I’m on my second pot of this gem. While I don’t use it that much during the warmer months (think heat waves) once the temperature dips below 70 I reach for it every day to give life glow back to my skin as a result of lack of Vitamin D, indoor heat and recycled air, cold temps and late nights. It really does leave noticeable difference and make you look more awake. Shop it HERE
(6) Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation | They just re-vamped the formula but I still love it. I’ve been using it for years and on the go its the quickest thing to make me look less tired and more put together. Sophia I am forever grateful for the tip. Shop it HERE
(7) NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna | I think I’m on my fourth or fifth compact. Its the best bronzer in deep summer when I have a tan and also in the winter when my pale skin needs a burst of life. I even use it as an eyeshadow. With a light hand it provides the ‘I just sat in the sun’ vibe, in the winter people always ask me if I’ve been away or tanning (never, those beds are scary!).